The legend of Ramayana is one of the most important scriptures of Hindu mythology. While there are numerous sites in India that conform to the Hindu legend, they are not the only ones. In fact, the Ramayana tour in Sri Lanka is highly popular among the locals as well as the tourists visiting the island country.
The legend of Ramayana in Sri Lanka has often made us wonder about the beauty of the Ashok Vatika, the battlefield where the two armies fought, and more. And the Sri Lanka Ramayana tour is just the perfect blend of a pilgrimage and a holiday covering much of these places of religious significance, along with some other beautiful attractions.
But before we actually have a look at what the itineraries of the Ramayana tour of Sri Lanka look like, we give to you the most important tourist places covered in the tour.
What is included in the tour
- AC-Accommodation by Twin/Triple Sharing basis
- 08-Breakfast- 08 Lunch-08-Dinner Pure Vegetarian Indian Foods
- Transportation on Private basis, A/C Bus
- Entrance Fees :Sri Maha Bodhi/Trinco Hot water Wells /Dambulla Cave/Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage /Ravana Cave
- Complementary Visits to Tea Factory/Spice Garden/Gem Museum
- English Speaking Guide
- Travel Insurance
- Mineral water bottle during the tour
- GST & TCS
What is NOT included in the tour
- Economy class Airfare
- Srilanka Visa if required (Rs-2800)
- Monuments Entry Fees
- Driver Tips
- Covid – 19 Test Cost if any
- Cost for Extra soft drinks, liquors, beverages, packaged drinking water, meals/snacks etc apart from the one mentioned above.
- Any expenses of personal nature like laundry, liquor, tips, telephone bills, room service,Porters, Camera charges, boat ride charges, Pony, any other optional/additional tours etc.
- Any expenses caused due to unforeseen circumstances & reasons beyond our control such as train/flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, landslide, roadblock, bad weather, heavy rains etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the head - “Inclusions”
Day 01: Srilanka-ANURADHAPURA
On Arrival meet our representative proceed to Anuradhapura en-route visiting Replica of Murugan Temple , Manavari and Munneshwaram Ancient Ramayana temples Dinner and overnight stay in Anuradhapura Night Stay.
Day 02: Anuradhapura-Jaffna
After Breakfast, visit Sri Maha Bodhi Tree (Most Holy Tree in the worlds) visit Largest and Oldest Stupa in Sri Lanka and other Buddhist monuments, proceed to Jaffna en-route visiting Thiruketheshwaram Ancient Ramayana Temple , Reach to Jaffna Dinner and overnight stay in Jaffna
Day 03: Jafna
After breakfast, travel to 35 km and get a ferry boat and travel to the Nainative islands visit Nagapooshani Amman Ancient Ramayana Temple and Nagadeepa Buddhist Temple (Buddha visited the place ) back to Jaffna town visit Nallur Kandashami Ancient Ramayana temple and Selversanni dhiramayana temple in keeramalei, sightseeing tour around Jaffna Dinner and overnight stay in Jaffna.
Day 04: Jafna-Trincomalee
After breakfast, travel to Trincomalee , en-route visiting some of evidence of the past civil war, visit Ravana Hot water wells , reach to Trincomalee , visit Luxmi Narayana Ramayana Temple, Later have dinner and overnight stay in Trincomalee.
Day 05: Trincomalee-Kandy
After early breakfast, enjoy in the Beach, visit Shankari Devi Shakthi Peetam Ramayana Temple and Tirukoneshwarama Sivam Kovil, Proceed to Kandy en-route visiting Sigiriya rock fortress ( visible from the Down ) visit Dambulla Golden Buddha temple ,Herbal and Spice Garden, observe witness of Traditional Cultural Dance Show in the evening , attend a Pooja ceremony in the sacred Temple of Tooth Relic , Dinner and overnight stay in Kandy.
Day 06: Kandy-Nuwaraeliya
After Breakfast Kandy sightseeing tour including Upper Lake Drive, visit Gemological Museum / Factory,visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage , visit Tea Planation/ Factory , Visit Ramboda Hanumaji Temple, Dinner and overnight stay in Nuwaraeliya.
Day 07: Nuwaraeliya-Kataragama
After Breakfast – Check out hotel Proceed to Kataragama en-route visiting, Gayathree Amman Ancient Ramayana Temple , Sita Amman Temple , Ashokavanam, Ravana mountain Range, Divrompola Sita Devioagni Paricksha Place , Ravana caves and Ravanawatrer falls, in the evening Attend a pooja ceremony in the Murugan Temple, Dinner and overnight stay in Kataragama.
Day 08: Kataragama-Galle-Colombo
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo en-route visiting Galle, Arrive Colombo check into the hotel for dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 09: Colombo- Departure
Morning after breakfast checkout of the hotel proceed to Airport to board the flight to your hometown with cherished memories.